Monday, January 13, 2014

Mongol Trial Progress6

Today is the first day of the trial. Prosecution went first, and we did very well. We had a strong opening statement from Shivesh. Additionally, I thought that the defense's opening statement was weak. They basically just denied all the murders and crimes they committed, which is historically inaccurate.  Our witnesses held strong against the defense cross-examiners. I did not have time to go. One thing I did notice was that the defense hid behind their definitions, such as "define genocide. Did we wipe out the entire Chinese race? No we didn't, so we did not commit genocide." When I am being questioned tomorrow I will try to find a way to make this backfire on them, and prove that the Mongols did, in fact, commit genocide.

No comments:

Post a Comment